Effects in Tone.js alter the sound is some way. They can effect the timbre or rhythm of the sound.
- sends the sound directly to your speakers
- if you are missing toMaster() you will not hear anything
- Sends the sound to an effect before it goes to the master
Every effect has a range that the effect can be applied to the sound, also called its wet value.
Below are some effects you can use for your Sampler with effects assignment. More information of other effects can be found here.
Reverb is the persistance of a sound that continues after the original sound has ceased. It is made up of many echos bouncing off the walls of a space and gives us cues to the size of that space. If you have ever been in a very large room, think church, stadium etc; and heard your voice echo around it, this is reverb.
Roomsize - The amount of time for the sound to decay.https://codepen.io/lsuddem/pen/GxQWNW
A delay effect records a sound into a buffer and plays it back after a certain period of time.
- delayTime - the time between consecutive echos.
- feedback - The amount of the effected signal which is fed back through the delay.
Gives sound a “fuzzy”, “growling”, or “gritty” tone, think electric guitar.
distortion - The amount of distortion (nominal range of 0-1)https://codepen.io/lsuddem/pen/jzZBwp
Tremolo is the variation in amplitude of sound achieved through electronic means.
- frequency - the rate of the effect
- depth - the depth of the effect